The park has been proving very popular with campers this year. Powered sites are frequently occupied and there were even some tents on the last weekend in May.
Caravan 1 has been completely refurbished, new floors, walls, kitchen, furniture, decking and curtains etc. It looks amazing now.
Caravan 2 will be getting the same treatment so it too will be ready in time for the Queen’s Birthday weekend.
The old camp kitchen will be totally rebuilt this year as well as a refurbishment of the old amenities block. This will be done during the winter months when the park is a little quieter.
Stroll down to the kiosk/cafe for a well deserved coffee or tea and a bite to eat. Light evening meals can also be delivered to your caravan/cabin. You must order in advance in person at the kiosk before closing time 5pm.
We also have a birth announcement. One of our lovely peahens gave birth to 3 lovely little chicks two months ago. That makes a total of 9 adults and 3 chicks. You will see them strutting around the park daily.
June in Daylesford
- June 3rd – Smoking ceremony and Cultural exhibit. Daylesford Museum. Free from 12 noon.
- June 3rd, Silver Streak train to Bullarto and back from 5pm. Includes a light meal and drinks. must book online www.dscr.com.au approx. $60 per head.
- June 3rd – Farmers Market held first Saturday of every month at the Primary School.
- June 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th – The great Sunday Market, held every Sunday at the Railway Station in Raglan Street.
- June 10th, Saturday – Wine tasting festival at the Town Hall. 12 – 5pm Tastings, then music till 9pm. Book tickets online $30 at www.everythinginitsrightplace.com.au “Everything in its right place” Wine Festival.
- June 12th – Queen’s Birthday.
- 30th June – 2nd July. “Hollow” Play about the three lost children (150 year anniversary) Tickets are available from the information centre.